Wednesday 5 March 2014

Love Me Beauty Box - February Edition

In my Love Me Beauty box (menu 3) this month I received...
  • Some Percy & Reed No-Fuss Flawlessness Dry Conditioner (£12 for 150ml)
  • A sample of La Claree Gentle Cleansing Milk (£15 for 150ml)
  • Some Bakewell Soap Company Multi-Purpose Pocket Balm in 'Lavender and Lemon' (£3.95 for 25g)
  • Some Dr Bragi Age Management Moisturiser (£15 for 5ml)
This month, I received a 'Mystery Product' which is a surprise item that has featured in past boxes and subscribers have voted as their favourite Love Me Beauty product.
It is...
  •  Some Nip+Fab Dry Leg Fix (£10.25 for 100ml)


The Percy & Reed dry conditioner was full sized, which I was really impressed with. I couldn't wait to try it as I had never heard of dry conditioner before. It claims to give hair a healthy softness and shine without using water and reduce damage caused by brushing as well as adding glossy shine to even very dry hair. Sounds amazing!
I have used dry shampoo before but I'm not too keen on it as it leaves my hair extremely dry and a very strange texture. I don't usually get greasy roots but the ends of my hair are very dry and once I had sprayed some dry conditioner and brushed it through, my hair looked lovely and shiny. It didn't leave a horrible white powder in my hair like dry shampoos usually do. The only downside is the very strong smell. It smells very floral and I can't decide whether I like it or not!



I had never heard of La Claree before but after going on their website, from what I can gather, they use all natural products and the main ingredients come from olive leaves. It says on the bottle that the texture is smooth, soft and non-greasy and it removes all traces of make-up and impurities whilst protecting the hydrolipidic film (acid mantle) of the skin. It says that it leaves skin feeling hydrated with comfort and brightness.
I'm using a different cleanser at the moment as I have had a few breakouts on my forehead so I don't want to change my cleanser in case it makes the breakouts come back. I am looking forward to trying it as soon as my skin has cleared up properly though as it has such a nice texture. I rubbed a bit into my hand and it sunk in nicely without leaving a greasy residue. It also has a lovely olivey smell. I have read some reviews about the other La Claree products that people received in their Love Me Beauty boxes and I like the sound of the Smooth Day Face Care moisturiser. 



The Lavender and Lemon multi-purpose balm is described as soothing hydration for lips, hands, nails and body, with oils rich in Omega 3 and 6 which are essential for healthy skin and packed with vitamins and anti-inflammatories. The Bakewell Soap Company are a company from Derbyshire in England and all their products are handmade.
I tried the balm on my lips straight away as they can get quite dry in the winter. It made my lips really smooth and hydrated. I don't think that I would use it on my skin as I found it left an oily residue and didn't sink in very well. I don't really like the strong lavender smell but it makes my lips so smooth so I carry it with me in my handbag.



The Dr Bragi moisturiser says that it is a versatile facial moisturiser that helps to reduce the signs of ageing by fighting the effects of environmental stress. It also says that it prevents the break down of collagen and supports optimal cell function. They're some pretty big claims, so I am looking forward to trying out this moisturiser once my skin has calmed down. It contains hyaluronic acid which plumps the skin and marine enzymes which help to brighten complexion while eliminating dark circles. Sounds like a miracle, and at £15 for 5ml, I am expecting good things.



The Nip+Fab dry leg fix was the product that subscribers had voted for as their favourite Love Me Beauty product. It claims to immediately nourish and soothe dry, flaky skin. It contains aquaxyl for 24 hour moisture and shine, shea butter for moisture and elasticity and glycerin which softens and hydrates.
I don't usually suffer with dry legs so I couldn't tell much of a difference. It smells so lovely though! I think that I will give it to someone else.

Overall, this month's box has had a nice variety of products and the total cost of the box is about £33.95 which is good considering I paid £12.95 including postage. Although, the products have been lovely this month, they aren't exactly products that I would use all the time and I think I prefer the contents of other beauty boxes such as Glossybox.

No comments:

Post a Comment