Tuesday 11 March 2014

Glossybox - February Edition

In my Glossybox this month I received...


  • A sample of Nougat London Sparkling Body Shimmer (£14 for 250ml)
  • A pair of Eldora Eyelashes (From £3.90)
  • A Ciate London Paint Pot in Pocket Money (£9 for 13.5ml)
  • Samples of Giovanni Eco Chic cosmetics Chic ultra-moist range (Shampoo and conditioner £7.99)
  • A Maybelline New York Big Eyes Mascara (£8.99)

When I opened my Glossybox package this month, I immediately loved the Valentine's themed packaging and got extremely excited to open it up. Last months box was lovely but this months box was definitely better!


The first product was the Nougat London body shimmer. It says that it contains mallow extract, vitamin E and wheatgerm enriched oil which will leave your skin luxuriously perfumed with a hint of sparkle.
At first, it reminded me of body glitters I used to use when I was about 5 or 6 but it is actually quite nice to put on your legs or chest for a night out. I'll probably be using it on my holiday or in the summer when I have a tan. It definitely isn't as sparkly as it looks but it has a slight shimmer to it when it hits the light.



The next product was some Eldora strip lashes. I had never heard of Eldora before but I absolutely love wearing false lashes when I have the time to apply them. I went on the Eldora website and it says that they are dense and medium length lashes with a little feathery effect.
I haven't had a chance to wear these lashes yet because they are so full and long, I don't think they would be good for day time. They feel really nice and soft and not that heavy. This particular pair retails at £4.50 but there are cheaper lashes on the Eldora website.



I was so excited to see the Ciate nail polish in my box this month. I bought the Ciate advent calendar for Christmas last year and I absolutely loved every one I got. It came with a Ciate base coat and top coat so I used both when I applied this colour. 
The colour looks like a nice nudey beige in the bottle but I was so disappointed when it came out brown on my nails. I wish I had got a pink one! The application of Ciate nail varnishes is amazing though. They dry so quickly and last ages if you apply the top coat every other day.


The Giovanni Eco Chic shampoo, conditioner and hair mask samples are from the Chic Ultra-Moist range. They are the number one selling natural hair care brand in the US and the products contain Argan oil, avocado and papaya to treat and nourish your hair and scalp.
I'm so happy I got these samples as I love using Argan oil on my hair. I use an Argan oil serum at the moment and it is making my hair extremely soft. I also try to leave an Argan oil hair mask on my hair for an hour or so every Sunday so I am excited to use this sample when my other hair mask runs out.



The Maybelline mascara has two wands, one for your upper lashes and one for your lower lashes and it is waterproof. 
At first I was annoyed that it was waterproof as when I have used waterproof mascaras before, I just could not get them off of my eyelashes without scrubbing and leaving my eyes irritated. I also wear contact lenses and my eyes are so so so sensitive so this was not great as it left them red and sore. My opinion quickly changed of the mascara once I had applied it though. It really separated my eyelashes and coated each one individually - top and bottom. The brush is like a wave! I won't use it on a day to day basis as it doesn't give as much volume as I usually wear but I will 100% be taking it with me on my summer holiday as I think it would be perfect to wear round the pool or to the beach. When I removed it, I did have to rub a bit more than usual but not too much.

Overall, I loved every product I received this month and the total cost of the box was around £36 which is very good considering I paid £13.25. I'm now excited to see next months box as I have seen on the website that some Sleek make up is being included!
Also, sorry for the very late post but I have been so busy with college work etc. My next Glossybox post will be up within a few days of me receiving the next box.

Rara x

No comments:

Post a Comment