Tuesday 25 March 2014

John Lewis Beauty Evening

John Lewis held a beauty event where each beauty counter was doing demonstrations and offering mini makeovers, samples and a glass of champagne. My mum and I went to the event at High Wycombe last Thursday and bought loads of new makeup and received goody bags and free samples!

When we arrived, we headed straight to the Yves Saint Laurent counter which is my absolute favourite brand ever. I bought a new foundation, Touche Eclat and an eyeshadow blending brush. We also received a little goody bag with a little cake, a sample of foundation, some samples of the Youth Liberator serum and a sample of La Nuit de L'homme which I gave to my boyfriend. 


We then made our way over to the Benefit counter, which is also one of my favourite brands. I bought The Bronze of Champions gift set and got given some samples of Porefessional primer and Hello Flawless Oxygen Wow foundation. I love Porefessional but I have never tried Benefit's foundation. The sample is a little bit dark for me at the moment so I'm looking forward to trying it out in the summer.


When we received our tickets, we got given a John Lewis goody bag with samples of L'Occitane Ultra Rich Body Cream and Milk Concentrate, Cowshed Wild Cow Invigorating Lotion and Floris Lily of The Valley and Seringa. We also received a John Lewis Colour nail polish and I chose the colour Rosy Cheeks. 
Our tickets were entered into a prize draw to win a hamper with £300 worth of Bare Minerals make up. We didn't know this until my mum got a phone call from them asking for her to come and pick it up as she had won! I didn't manage to get a picture of it as by the time we had got it home, we had already ripped it apart and started arguing over who was going to have what. I managed to get my hands on the Flawless Definition mascara, the purifying facial cleanser and the advanced protection SPF 20 moisturiser.

John Lewis in High Wycombe recently had a multi-million pound refurbishment and they added the beauty counters, fashion and footwear. Before the refurbishment, it was just homeware, electronics and toys so I'm really happy that they have added the other departments. I had a really good evening at the beauty event and I can't wait for the next one.
I'm going to try all my new products out and review some of them on my blog soon.

Rara x

No comments:

Post a Comment