Wednesday 26 March 2014

Glossybox - March Edition

In my Glossybox this month I received...
  • A sample of Mitchell and Peach Body Cream (£36 for 180ml)
  • A Sleek MakeUP Pout Polish in Chocolate Kiss (£4.49)
  • A Bellapierre Cosmetics Shimmer Powder in Gold & Brown (£12.99)
  • 2 Samples of Juicy Couture's Malibu Collection perfumes (£47 for 75ml)
  • A Dove Hair Therapy Intensive Repair 60 Second Treatment Shot (£1.49)

When I opened my Glossybox this month, my first impressions were good. I liked the look of all the products I had received and couldn't wait to try them all. I had a quick flick through the Glossy magazine and was very impressed. The last 2 month's magazine didn't have amazing content but this months one has some very interesting things to read so I'm very happy that the magazine is getting better. I especially like the 'Ask The Expert' section at the back as, being a beauty therapist myself, I can pick up some tips and advice.


The Mitchell and Peach body cream contains English honey, organic cocoa, vitamin B5 and shea butter. It promises to rub in easily and not leave skin sticky. Mitchell and Peach are an English company who use natural ingredients including essential oils and honey in their products. 
At £36 for 180ml, it is quite an expensive cream, but it smells really sweet and does leave your skin really soft. It isn't sticky at all and I will definitely be using this quite regularly. I probably won't buy it again because of the price but I will definitely enjoy using my sample while it lasts.


The Sleek MakeUP Pout Polish in Chocolate Kiss contains SPF 15, almond oil, shea butter and vitamin E. It is a sheer brown tinted lip conditioning balm that nourishes whilst providing a subtle hint of colour and a natural sheen. I have seen Sleek in Superdrug, Boots and some Tescos and you can also buy it online.
I love Sleek make up but Glossybox have given me the worst colour. I'm sure I put in my beauty profile that I like nudes and pinks but again Glossybox have given me brown (I know it looks orange in the pictures but it is actually chocolate brown).  Please send me nice colours Glossybox! Apart from the colour, I absolutely love the balm. The application is really nice and it leaves my lips really smooth and glossy. It also smells delicious. I might have to buy some in different colours!


The Bellapierre Shimmer Powder is made of 100% pure Mica. It says that it will provide you with long lasting vibrant colour without smearing, fading or creasing. It can be used as an eyeshadow or mixed into blushers, nail polishes and lip gloss! There are over 50 different colours on the website and they all look really lovely. At £12.99 a pop, they are quite expensive but I think they are worth it.
I have a few Bellapierre products in my make up collection, including an eye shadow palette, some mascara and a lipstick and I love all of them. This shimmer powder is in the shade Gold & Brown but it doesn't actually come out very brown at all. It's more gold with a hint of green and bronze in some lights. It is very pretty and so pigmented and the pictures don't do it any justice. I can't wait to wear it on my eyes on a night out.


The Juicy Couture Malibu Collection samples are samples from Juicy's new fragrance launch. They are described as blending the spirit of carefree Cali with Glam LA and cost £47 for 75ml.
I absolutely love Juicy Couture as a brand. It's a little bit different from any other high end brand and it's very girly and glamorous. I have owned one perfume by Juicy before and I loved it but I chose a different brand when it ran out. I might have to buy the Couture La La Malibu one in time for summer. It is really fruity and will be perfect for when I go on holiday. 


The Dove Hair Therapy treatment says that it is the perfect pick-me-up for hair care in a hurry and you can take it on holiday to revive damaged hair from the sun. You use it weekly after shampooing for 60 seconds, avoiding the roots and then rinse out for beautifully soft, strong hair with a keratin boost.
Wow, this sounds amazing. I can't wait to see if it lives up to my expectations. At the moment, I use a leave in hair treatment weekly and I just sit with it on my hair for up to an hour or so as I find if I leave hair treatments in for any less time, they don't work as well. This will hopefully save me some time and also really help my dry damaged hair. If it works, I will also be stocking up before my summer holiday.

This months box has been perfect! I will use every single product I received and will most likely go on to buy full sized versions. I love the range of products that they have included and I am very happy with the selection I have received. I hope Glossybox keep up the good work for months to come. In total, the value of the box is around £29 which is lower than normal but it definitely shows that the more expensive the products are, it definitely doesn't mean they are better.

What did you think of this months Glossybox?

Rara x

No comments:

Post a Comment